Mission and Objectives
The Quebec Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture, Société internationale d'arboriculture Québec (SIAQ), is a non profit industry organization, founded in 1977. We serve and unite professionals devoted to tree care and tree preservation.
As a chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture, the SIAQ is part of a network of arborists and tree care professionals in over 60 countries, serving over 30 000 members. The SIAQ also maintains strong ties with partner organizations throughout the French speaking world such as the Société Française d’Arboriculture (France), the Association Suisse de soins aux arbres (Switzerland) and Arboresco (Belgium). Additionally, the SIAQ is a founding member of Quebec's horticultural trades association, the Québec Vert (formally FIHOQ - Fédération Interdisciplinaire de l’horticulture ornementale du Québec).
Our mission is to foster a greater appreciation of trees and promote the professional practice of arboriculture through education, research and technology.
- Promote and enhance the professional practice of arboriculture through educational programs and training ;
- Foster community interest in tree planting and tree preservation while advocating for professional tree care ;
- Encourage communities to appreciate the value of trees as an essential element in healthy communities and sustainable environments ;
- Administer and support an industry Code of Ethics in order to maintain quality standards and engagement from tree care professionals ;
- Support scientific research in arboriculture and share knowledge with members and the community.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Administrator - Educational Institutions
Administrator - Tree worker
Administrator - Utility
ISA Council of Representatives (CoR) Delegate
Technical Director - Quebec TCC